The city of St. Petersburg is one of Russia’s main entertainment centers. This ‘City of Artists’ is the spiritual home of both Russia’s live music and dance music scene.
When the lights of downtown St. Petersburg begin to shimmer on the Gulf waters, St Petersburg nightlife comes alive. The music scene is diverse and colourful: the majority of well-known Russian rock bands have originated from here. Refurbished cinemas equipped with high fidelity sound systems show the latest Western films. The city also has a great diversity of high-quality restaurants, bars and night clubs. The prices are affordable and great value in comparison to any other large European city, including Moscow.
We invite you to explore St. Petersburg’s bars, night clubs and more. A young guide, familiar with the night scene in the city, will accompany you and your car / van will be available to take you from one place to another. The tour lasts for 3-4 hours (or longer if you wish) and at the end of the evening you’ll be taken back to your hotel for a well-deserved sleep.
A selection of St. Petersburg bars and pubs:
- Music Bar – glamorous, nice place, karaoke and dancing
- Daiquiri Bar – stylish and relaxing atmosphere
- Bierstube – good or beers and expensive German sausages
- John Bull Pub – looks like it was plucked from a yuppie suburb in London and dropped onto Nevsky Prospect
- Lobby Bar, Grand Hotel Europe – a beautiful place with stained-glass windows and a long wooden bar. Offers beer, peanuts and stylish cocktails
- Mollie’s Irish Bar – wide variety of beers on tap, including Guinness. The menu has your standard pub fare
- Barrel Bar – Exquisite and stylish; tables shaped as vintage barrels. Combination of reserved luxury, expensive minimalism tradition in design, cuisine and atmosphere. Live music on many nights
St. Petersburg nightclubs:
- Jazz Philharmonic Hall – a little highfalutin and formal, combination of jazz and restaurant and has some of the the best jazz in St Petersburg
- JFC Club – trendy, democratic, nice atmosphere; often hosts jazz concerts by Russian and foreign musicians of various styles: from classic to avant-garde and improvisation. Popular with jazz afficienados, local and international clientele
- Griboedov (Dance & DJs ) – a famous place both for Russians and foreigners. It is located in a bomb shelter this club calls itself “trendy”. Chill-out area is fairly comfortable with neon lights, carpets and photos by lomographists (taken with the lomo camera). Non-alternative bands plus DJs, sometimes with international musicians. Wednesday is a disco night. Sunday – ‘Sunday lounge’ with acid jazz, jazzy hip-hop, funk. Jazz concerts usually start at 8 pm
- Moloko – a very popular underground rock club with young crowd, hosts regular performances by rock bands. Casual, relaxed atmosphere, no pretensions
- Jimmy Hendrix – some Peterburgers say it’s a good place to listen to live jazz, blues and rock concerts. It’s located in the basement of an old building, quite small inside, but cozy
- J Walker – a new popular restaurant and club, music concerts, cigar room
- Maximus Strip Club – a popular gentlemen’s lap dancing club
- Estrada Club – a new nightclub opened on September 24, 2011, very popular for dancing, concerts of pop-stars, famous DJs, karaoke and restaurant with fusion cuisine.
…and there are still many more places to choose from!