Discover life outside St Petersburg with a visit to the Russian countryside. Depart the city via air-conditioned vehicle, learning about the area’s culture and cuisine from your guide as you you make your way to the home of a local Russian family. Spend some time interacting with them, enjoying enjoy snacks and wine while they tell you about their daily lives. Then experience an authentic Russian banya, or sauna—complete with your own bathing cap, brush and sheet. Afterward, sit down to a delicious homemade lunch before returning to St Petersburg.
- Private guided trip to the St Petersburg countryside
- Discover life outside the city and the distinct traditions and culture of country life in Russia
- Visit the country home of a local family, experience a Russian banya and enjoy delicious homemade cuisine
- Enjoy the personalized attention that comes with a private tour
- Includes direct drop-off at St Petersburg hotels
What You Can Expect
At 9 am there will be a meeting with your guide at your centrally located hotel . After, we’ll drive in a comfortable air conditioned vehicle directly to the countryside, located about 30 km away from St Petersburg. While driving your guide will tell you interesting stories about Russian cuisine and culture, the history of the Russian Baths and bathing traditions. You’ll meet with a Russian family who will show you their country house and garden and tell you about their country life. Snacks and wine will be offered. You’ll learn about the Russian Banya. The bath attendant will explain all the steps of the bathing tradition. Those who would like to experience it are provided with their own bathing set (brush, cap and sheet). After your bathing experience, you’ll have a traditional home made Russian lunch. Then we’ll drive back to St Petersburg. At 4pm we’ll return to your hotel.