During one day program
you will get to know:
- The history of St Petersburg and its founder Peter the Great
- The Romanov dynasty (facts and anecdotes)
- St Petersburg – city of 3 revolutions
- Gorbachev: “the father” of Perestroika
- St Petersburg as the cultural capital of Russia and Soviet Union
- Soviet Regime: Lenin and Stalin
- Modern life in Russia and St Petersburg: housing, educational system, health care system, family life – don’t hesitate to ask any questions
- Guaranteed departure: if only 1 person signs up, the tour will take place
During one day program:
9:00 am : Meeting your guide near your hotel
09:00 am – 10:00 am : Driving to Peterhof, Russian Versailles
10:00 am – 11:30 am : Stroll along the Fountain Park
11:30 am – 12:30 pm : Guided tour of the Grand Palace in Peterhof
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm : Traditional Russian lunch (expenses not included)
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm : Driving to Pushkin
2:30 pm – 4:00 pm : Guided tour of Catherine Palace
4:00 – 5:00 pm : Return to the city. Drop off at the hotel
- The hydrofoil to Peterhof is not operating starting from October until the end of April, extra cost of this option is 15 USD per person
- During the winter season the park is covered with snow and all fountains are kept under wooden boxes for their preservation. In the off-season (October – April) you will have a guided tour of the Grand Palace If you travel with children under 7 years old, you don’t have to pay for them – the tour for them will be free of charge.
- Children/Students over 7 years old receive discount of 15 USD for the tour. Students must have an ISIC card, otherwise the discount is not available.
- The order of the museum visits may change depending on the availability of entrance tickets, museums days-off, traffic situation in the city. Museums also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice but you will still visit all the venues listed on the itinerary.