During this two day program you will get to know:
- Present and past history of St Petersburg and its founder Peter the Great
- The Romanov dynasty (facts and anecdotes)
- St Petersburg as the cultural capital of Russia and the Soviet Union
- Soviet Regime: Lenin and Stalin
- Modern life in Russia and St Petersburg: transportation, housing, educational system, health care system, family life – don’t hesitate to ask any questions
- Fascinating stories about tzars’ residences
Inside visits of:
- Fountain Park in Peterhof
- Catherine Palace with the Amber Room
- St. Peter & Paul Cathedral
- Church on Spilt Blood
- Hermitage Museum (early admission)
- St. Isaaс’s Cathedral
- Yusupov Palace
As well as:
- Subway visit
- Farmers’ market
- Boat trip
- The tour includes two lunches that will be in a local cafes or restaurants. You will be served typical Russian Lunch. Please let us know if you have any food restrictions.
- If the hydrofoil ride is cancelled due to the unfavorable weather conditions it is not refunded: we use our van instead to get to/from Peterhof
- Kids under 6 yo are travelling for free, elder kids and students (7-21 yo) receive 30$ off the cost of the tour. Students must have an ISIC card.
- PLEASE, LET US KNOW ABOUT STUDENTS IN YOUR GROUP IN ADVANCE SO THAT WE CAN RESERVE THE RIGHT TICKETS FOR THEM.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason.
- The order of museum visits may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museums days-off, traffic situation in the city. Museums also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice, but you will still visit all the venues listed on the itinerary.